Who we are
A proven track record with 37 kids signed professionally with MLB teams most notably the big leaguers Adeiny Hechavarria starting infielder with the Miami Marlins and Dario Alvarez LHP with the Texas Rangers, and $5 million in scholarship money awarded to 92 kids to play college baseball in the United States. For less than half the cost of one hour of baseball training in the United States, players at our baseball academy will receive 6-8 hours of training, housing and three meals per day. Players who don't receive quality and the right amount of baseball training are at a serious disadvantage against their competition and chances of playing professionally and in college.
We operate 12 months in the year and our staff of baseball instructors are all ex professional baseball players with more than 33 years of combined experience training baseball players of all skill levels and backgrounds.
Please complete the form in the "contact us" page and indicate which of our services including individual player development, group baseball camps and college recruitment videos you want to receive more information and register.
WHAT WE Offer
Individual Player Development
Designed for players who are serious about their training and aspire to sign professionally and/or play college baseball, players compete against top competition, evaluated personally by experienced professional baseball instructors and learn what areas of the game to focus and improve on. The fundamentals covered include:
- Fundamentals of throwing, correcting footwork and hand positions.
- Hitting fundamentals, balance, staying inside the ball, bat control, body control, timing, vision training.
- Team work, bunt defense, 1st and third and more
- Competing and Training along and against players from the Dominican Republic
The training schedule includes 6-8 hours of training daily from Monday - Saturday and an average of 2-3 games per week against other local baseball academies and players.
Please click on our "VIDEOS" page and watch demonstrations of the training taught at our baseball academy.
Group Baseball Camps
Players and teams experience unmatched international baseball competition and culture, an experience best shared with relatives and friends. The actual schedule is designed based on the unique requirements of the group and can include tours to experience the culture, training, and games against top Dominican players and baseball academies. This is a life changing opportunity for young players to compete at a high level, receive a personal evaluation from experienced professional baseball instructors and learn what areas of the game to focus and improve on.
The Baseball Camps can be scheduled at anytime during the year. A minimum of 10 players are required for a team roster and we take care of all trip logistics including the games, baseball fields, accommodations, meals and ground transportation to and from all baseball and tourist activities.
College Recruitment Videos
Since our inception in 2001, more than 90 kids and $5 million dollars in scholarships have been awarded to players from our baseball academy. The college recruitment videos are shared with our network of more than 300 college coaches who are constantly in search of the next impact baseball player from our baseball academy. Please click here to visit our YouTube channel and watch college recruitment videos of our former players prior to being awarded athletic scholarships to play college baseball in the US including those pictured and referenced below.
- RHP Jinny Parra who in 2017 broke the all team record for number of wins and led NCAA division 2 Oklahoma Baptist University to its second straight college baseball national championship (2016 & 2017).
- Outfielder Edwin Gomez who led the nation in hitting while playing for Odessa College (NJCAA Division 1) and graduated an Academic All America from NCAA Division Northwestern State University in 2014.
- Infielders Luis Sanchez and Dauris Holguin who led Faulkner University to its first ever NAIA national championship in 2013 and after transferring from Division 1 junior college Northeastern State University.
- RHP Erlin Santos who led Western Oklahoma State College to its first ever NJCAA Division 2 national championship in 2011 and awarded MVP tournament pitcher and player.
- Infielder Manual del Carmen Ozoria who led NAIA Lindsey Wilson to the most wins in its history. Prior, Manuel played for Miami Dade and Odessa College where he was an All American.
Eduardo Ferreira (Owner)
Ferreira Baseball Academy is currently operated by its founder Eduardo Ferreira (middle). The recipient of an athletic scholarship, he completed his bachelor's degree in 1997 and MBA in 2006 from the University of Miami. He's a great example of how baseball if used correctly can be a great resource for personal and professional development.
Luis "Manny" Ledezma (Head Instructor/Coach)
Luis "Manny " Ledezma signed and played professionally as an outfielder with the Houston Astros and has more than 18 years of experience providing baseball instruction and training to kids of all ages and nationalities. He is considered one of the top hitting instructors in the Dominican Republic.
Camaron Paulino (Assistant Coach/Instructor)
Camaron Paulino signed and played professionally with the Texas Rangers as a right handed pitcher. He has more than 15 years of experience in baseball training and is highly regarded as a pitching coach and instructor.