Who we are
The premier source for baseball training and international game competition in the Dominican Republic. Since 2009, a total of 130 players signed including 38 professionally and 92 at US colleges.
Why train with us in the Dominican Republic? One hour of baseball training in the USA costs on average $80 - $150. For $40 - $60 per day, players at our baseball academy receive 6-8 hours of high quality training, unmatched game competition, housing and three meals. If affording quality and greater amount of training are the problem, then Ferreira Baseball Academy is the solution.
WHAT WE Offer
Designed for players who are serious about their training and aspire to sign professionally and/or play college baseball, players compete against top competition, evaluated personally by experienced professional baseball instructors and learn what areas of the game to focus and improve on. The fundamentals covered include:
- Fundamentals of throwing, correcting footwork and hand positions.
- Hitting fundamentals, balance, staying inside the ball, bat control, body control, timing, vision training.
- Team work, bunt defense, 1st and third and more
- Competing and Training along and against players from the Dominican Republic
Please click on our "VIDEOS" page and watch demonstrations of the training taught at our baseball academy.
Team Training & Games
Targeted at travel teams, high schools and colleges interested in off season training and game competition. The actual schedule is designed based on the requirements of the teams and can include games against amateur and professional players, tours to experience the culture, and training. We will assist with all trip logistics including the games, baseball fields, accommodations, meals and ground transportation to and from all baseball and tourist activities.
This is a wonderfully rewarding baseball and cultural experience which can be shared with family and friends.
Videos of standout players that train at our baseball academy are shared with our network of more than 300 college coaches. Below, click on the highlighted names to learn about the achievements of some of our former players who played college baseball in the US. You can also visit our YouTube page for the full list of kids from our baseball academy who played college baseball and examples of the videos shared with college coaches.
- RHP Jinny Parra who in 2017 broke the all time record for number of wins and led NCAA division 2 powerhouse Oklahoma Baptist University to its second straight college baseball national championship (2016 & 2017).
- Outfielder Edwin Gomez who led the nation in hitting while playing for Odessa College (NJCAA Division 1) and graduated an Academic All American from NCAA Division 1 Northwestern State University in 2014.
- Infielders Luis Sanchez and Dauris Holguin who in 2013 led NAIA Faulkner University to its first national title.
- RHP Erlin Santos who led Western Oklahoma State College to its first ever NJCAA Division 2 national championship in 2011 and awarded MVP tournament pitcher and player.
- Infielder Manual del Carmen Ozoria who led NAIA Lindsey Wilson to the most wins in its history. Prior, Manuel played for Miami Dade and Odessa College where he was an All American.
Eduardo Ferreira (Owner)
Ferreira Baseball Academy is currently operated by its founder Eduardo Ferreira (middle). The recipient of an athletic scholarship, he completed his bachelor's degree in 1997 and MBA in 2006 from the University of Miami. He's a great example of how baseball if used correctly can be a great resource for personal and professional development.
Luis "Manny" Ledezma (Head Instructor/Coach)
Luis "Manny " Ledezma signed and played professionally as an outfielder with the Houston Astros and has more than 18 years of experience providing baseball instruction and training to kids of all ages and nationalities. He is considered one of the top hitting instructors in the Dominican Republic.
Camaron Paulino (Assistant Coach/Instructor)
Camaron Paulino signed and played professionally with the Texas Rangers as a right handed pitcher. He has more than 15 years of experience in baseball training and is highly regarded as a pitching coach and instructor.